- You are here:
- Religious Services
- Purscell, Keith, W
Purscell, Keith, W
an ordained Pastor and a trained Interim Pastor with a Masters in Divinity dedicated to his congregation and his community for over 60 years.
- Minnesota Midwest
Contact person: Rev. Keith Purscell (+)
- (507) 625-3309
- Johnson Bible College 1 1/2 year; Nebraska Christian College BA 1953; Lincoln; Christian College Graduate School 1 yr; Phillips Theological Seminary MDiv 1970
- Local Ministerial; Association, Regional Church; Organizing President and Part Time Chaplain for an Alcoholism and Drug Treatment Center.
- Ordained Pastor and a trained Interim Pastor; preparing & sharing sermons which help people walk with God, counseling, designing regional policy for church; Guest Speaking, Organizing Congregations, Spiritual Consulting, Coordinating with Other Pasto
- Sterling Registry Religious Leader Award; Distinguished Alumnus Award, Phillips University (2001); Outstanding Preacher Award, Young Disciple Magazine (1992); Cambridge Whoâ€™s Who Award
- Volunteer Work/ Charities:
- Alcoholism and Drug counseling, Planning Annual â€śMinistersâ€ť Institute- continuing education for pastors; Living at Home Block Nurse Program- Organizing President serving elderly people to live at home as long as possible, conducts seminars and specia
- Published Works:
- published numerous articles, contributed to a book his first wife had written
- Public Speaking:
- Preaching sermons to his congregation is part of the job description and also has been a guest speaker as well.
- Keys To Success:
- He attributes his success to his ability to listen and understand the congregation â€śA lot of what I do is to help people is look at their past, know where they are, know where they want to go and where they want to be.â€ť
- Hobbies/ Interests:
- Photography, traveling, genealogy
Reverend Keith Purscell is a retired Ordained Minister certified in the Christian Church Disciples of Christ and the United Church of Christ. Religious ministry has been the dominant force in Revered Purscell’s life since birth. He was first inspired to become a minister by his mother, who was involved in her church at a time when few women served in any sort of leadership capacity. Following her example, he decided to become a pastor long before he had graduated from high school, thanks to additional guidance from his own pastor. Reverend Purscell wanted to help those struggling through times of personal crisis and ensure that they felt heard.
Reverend Purscell earned a B.A. degree from Nebraska Christian College in 1953 and later received a Master of Divinity degree from Phillips Theological Seminary in 1970. He completed additional studies at Nebraska Christian College and Johnson Bible College. Since he was ordained in 1952, Rev. Purscell has served as a pastor throughout the Midwest, including Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, and Minnesota. He is the recipient of the Sterling Registry Religious Leader Award, Phillips University Distinguished Alumnus Award, Young Disciple Magazine’s Outstanding Preacher Award, and the Cambridge Who’s Who Award, among others.
Directly related to Reverend Purscell’s ministry is his involvement with a number of programs dedicated to senior citizens. He works with Living at Home Network’s Block Nurse Program, which helps the elderly live comfortably and safely in their homes for as long as possible, and is also involved with his local Senior Citizens Council. Reverend Purscell also works with people receiving alcohol and drug counseling, and helps to plan an annual “Minister’s Institute,” which encourages continued education for pastors. He must be especially good at advising pastors, because his son, daughter-in-law, and son-in-law are all ordained ministers as well. In his free time, Reverend Purscell enjoys photography, traveling, and studying his genealogy.